Dental implants have become a popular treatment option for adults who are without teeth. Implants can also be utilized to stabilize a denture so that it is more comfortable and functional. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 3 million people have implants, with 500,000 more added each year.
For such a popular treatment, you need an expertized service. The team of doctors and staff in Senthil Dental Care and Implant Center in Chennai provides you with the best Implant care in every way possible.
To keep an implant clean and free of damaging bacteria and plaque, which can cause infection in the tissues around the implant and lead to failure, special approaches and efforts are required. Peri-implantitis can develop without tenacious biofilm clearance, leading to implant loss.
The function of the dental hygienist in keeping dental implants disease-free is crucial. Traditional dental hygiene scalers can scrape a crown, abutment, or implant, therefore your hygienist will clean thoroughly without causing damage with special gizmos consisting of plastics and resins.
Implant recipients are also responsible for the success of their own restoration and must be motivated to maintain the implant. Here are a few simple ways to provide your loved ones the finest implant care possible at home.
In the case of single implants
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to clean your teeth at least twice a day.
- Use a toothpaste that isn’t overly harsh.
- Brush under the implant crown and surrounding it.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas with a nylon-coated interdental brush.
- Floss with unwaxed tape or implant-specific floss on a daily basis.
- Use an oral irrigator that has been advised.
In the case of overdentures
- Dentures should be removed every day and soaked in a special cleanser for the recommended amount of time.
- Inspect o-rings, locator caps, and clips for wear or missing parts, and notify your dentist.
- Brush the denture’s underside gently using a denture brush.
- Before putting the overdenture in your mouth, thoroughly rinse it with water.
- Replace O-rings and locator caps once a year, as recommended by your dentist.
Despite the unique cleaning issues that implants pose, they are a highly successful dental treatment for the replacement of missing teeth. Peri-implant disease prevention is critical for implant health and performance. The way you look after your implant is crucial to its success.
In Spite of following all the above instructions, a few of you may face issues with your implant teeth/denture. In that case, you have Chennai’s top implant clinic with the finest service to go for. Contact Senthil Dental Care and Implant Center for any further queries and information.