How often do you go to buy an electric toothbrush and return back buying a regular toothbrush? Well, most of us have been going through this dilemma for so long. Let’s find out which is better suited for you.
As the name suggests, a manual toothbrush is the one where you move the toothbrush manually. The toothbrush has soft plastic bristles for cleaning the gums and between the teeth.
Manual toothbrushes are manipulated by the person using it, moving the brush up and down over the teeth and gums to remove plaque, food, and debris.
How to use manual toothbrush:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
Advantage of manual toothbrush:
- They are lightweight and almost unbreakable and easy to travel with.
- They are affordable – Manual toothbrushes are available at almost any store and at significantly affordable prices.
- Easy to maintain- unlike electric toothbrushes, they don’t need charging, batteries or any other accessory.
How often should you change a manual toothbrush:
Brushing twice per day is still considered standard for a manual toothbrush.
At this rate of use, the bristles in your brush will start to fall out and become mangled or twisted within about 3 months. So it is recommended to change your brush every 3 months.
An electric toothbrush is usually recommended for improved oral hygiene.
Brushing with an electric toothbrush is a quick and easy way to help keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
How to use an Electric toothbrush:
Electric toothbrush are of two types:
- That is run by batteries.
- They are rechargeable.
To use an electric toothbrush, just place toothpaste on the brush head and hold the brush at a 45-degree angle.
Then turn on the electric toothbrush and move the brush from one tooth to another covering all the surfaces of the teeth.
Advantage of Electric toothbrushes:
- Time is preset, therefore you don’t have to worry about prolonged brushing.
- Most of the electric toothbrushes have pressure sensors thus cautioning you from damaging the teeth with excessive force and pressure.
- One handle can be used by the entire family. You just need to change the brush heads only.
Though we have heard a number of times that As of now, there is no strong evidence that an electric toothbrush is better in cleansing your oral cavity than a manual toothbrush. But because of their wide advantages, we in Chennai’s one of the ace dental clinics, Senthil Dental Care and Implant Center recommend you to switch to an electric toothbrush.
To know more about various brushing hacks in different conditions like in implants, clips and in children, etc. visit our pages
For further queries and appointments, contact Senthil Dental Care and Implant Center, one of the leading dental care units in Chennai helping you with all your dental troubles.